What are we taking for our cycling trip?
- From left to right, the smallest most comfortable sleeping mat from Karrimor at 300gm: Buy here SportsDirect.com
- Sleeping bag is the Phantom 15 from Mountain Hardwear genuinely good to -10 in our experience, but weighs 950gms. It’s not cheap.
- Tent from Terra Nova, 900gm Laser 1: It’s pretty cheap here: SportsDirect.com
- There is my blow up pillow and pack towel from Quechua.
- Our stove is the trusty and pretty unbeatable MSR Dragonfly: Go Outdoors
- Finally is the Titanium stuff to match the Titanium bike! The pan is from Snow Peaks and it’s outstanding. We have used and abused ours for almost a decade. It just doesn’t bend or wear like aluminium pans. Go Outdoors. The titanium Sporks seem excessive but have lasted us well and were a present from Mr Addy Pope, but you can pick them up at: Go Outdoors
Most of the clothing kit was selected by us from the outstanding Morvelo who are supporting us on this adventure. I will review their clothing in more details but needless to say I love it or I wouldn’t be wearing it for the next 3 months!
- MTB Helmet, Summer Fox gloves, waterproof gloves.
- Goretex paclite waterproof jacket in black bag
- Micro fleece top, Zip off hiking trousers:
- Pants & Socks x4 not shown as I feell they wouldn’t add to the image 🙂
- Merino long sleeve thermal
- Lightweight down sweater
- Fleece backed lycra leg warmers
- Morvelo eighty five cap
- Morvelo Unity Bib shorts and Jersey x2
- Movelo green gillet
- Morvelo T-Shirts for off the bike x2
- Sun glasses
These are some medical and everyday bits of kit:
- First aid kit: Bandages, anti septic, tape, scissors, plasterers, anti histamine, Ibuprofen.
- Bio-soap and sun block.
- Multi vitamins, rehydration salts and glucose and Anti biotics
- Water filters from Aqua Pure and folding water bottle.
- MSR Stove spares kit, spare RHINO LACES, the unbreakable laces!
- Back up water treatment tablets and anti bacterial hand wash
- Dental first aid kit
- Spare sealed bags for food etc
- Compass and spare front and back lights.
- Money belt and bike padlock with cable not in picture
This is my bike spare parts:
- Clothes pegs and sewing kit could have been in with other stuff!
- Tyre levers and spare brake and gear cables
- Trusted Topeak multitool
- Spare RWD disc pads.
- Spare chain links and assorted bolts for rack, chain rings, pannier clips and cleats.
- Spare inner tubes and 3 patch kits
- Chain oil, pump and zip ties. Gaffer tape is to be wrapped around the pump.
These are the electronics I will be taking, a few too many but that always is the case!
- My big camera it Ortleib bag
- Camera battery charger
- Garmin e-Trex 30 GPS unit loaded with maps from www.velomap.org
- Rechargeable AA and AAA batteries and spare camera batteries
- Rode DSLR Microphone
- Purple pebble rechargeable power source
- Ipod shuffle and headphones
- Go Pro hero 2
- Spare Canon prime 50mm lens and small IR remote
- Solar Panel from Goal Zero with USB battery charger
- Velbon, smooth pan head tripod
I will be taking 6 SD cards and USB OTG cable to link it all up!
Well I think that’s about it!